Wordless silence is an invitation to direct experience. Unmediated by words. Unfolding in the eternal Now. It's the preferred language of the newborn, and since you were once a newborn, you know it — even if you forgot.
In silence, you can feel your Emotional Guidance more clearly. You can hear your thoughts, and choose them more deliberately. Ten seconds of silence can transform a conversation!
Today, as you interact with your children and others, see how long you can go without speaking. Make a game of it...
- Talk less but communicate more — non-verbally and intuitively.
- Use body language and touch instead of words.
- When you have a question, try to "tune in" to the answer instead of asking for it.
- If the phone rings while you're "in the zone," ignore it.
- Mouth: closed. Heart: open.
The object of this game is to have fun discovering how much communication is possible without words — to feel the qualities of Presence and Connection beyond words.